April 18, 2012

Koh Samui: Private Beach House & Relaxation

I went to Koh Samui in January when I first came to Thailand. I stayed in the Chaweng Beach area the first time. Very touristy. But nice nonetheless. This time Megan and I stayed in Bangpor Beach. It was much smaller, remote and quite a bit less touristy. I found a place to stay on an iPhone app called Airbnb. It was a private beach house, owned by an Brit who lived in the house next door. It was one big property, with the main house and a smaller beach house. It was perfect. We were in the mood for more relaxation than anything this island.
View of beach house from the road


Empty Beach
Our bed
Beachouse from the Beach


Most of the 3 days/nights spent in Koh Samui, were spent lying on the beach, swimming in the water, and eating from the local restaurants. Did I mention I have eaten a lot of pad thai during this whole trip? More so than I do in Chiang Mai, which is a lot. The owner of the beach house told us all the best places to eat nearby. All right on the beach, you can't go wrong with thai food, beachside.
Laying out front of the beachouse

One of the mornings we decided to go on a walk to find a pharmacy that wasn't a rip-off for Megan, and try to find touristy type shops for me to get another bikini. We left at 9am and walked for awhile along the beach, then headed up to the road. We eventually found a pharmacy, but no shops. So we headed back. On our way back we walked down to the pier to find ferry prices. Once down there, Megan and I had different ideas of what we felt like doing. So she went for a swim and headed back, and I went for a walk to check out the rocky edge. It was pretty sweet. Then I started to head back. On my way, I got a little dehydrated and passed out briefly in front of a little shake stand. They helped me up and gave me a lemon shake for free. I was rehydrated once again and kept on my journey home. I got home around 1pm, and Megan had not arrived yet. I waited in the shade and then drank as much water as possible when we got in. We decided to stay out of the sun the rest of the day.
Rocks near the pier

Pier

My new friend that followed us on our walk

The beach

Koh Samui was lovely. Not my favourite island, but it was nice to have an empty beach every day, a private beach house and actually still feel like we were in Thailand. Also we saw a beautiful sunset each night, on a near empty beach. Sunday morning we headed to the ferry, and got there just in time to catch the next ferry to Koh Tao. 

Sunset one night

Silhouette in the sunset

Walking into the sunset

1 comment:

  1. Yeah your beach house is looking amazing option. Now there is great offers available for getting the Koh samui Property without any type of risk.

    ReplyDelete