January 27, 2012

Soon to be proud renter of a Scooter!

I finally got paid, which means I finally have money to do things. One of those things is getting a scooter bike of some sort to get around so I do not have to rely on my roommate anymore to get places. It is wonderful. I have practiced a bit on his bike, and last night I drove it all the way into the city to go out. It was a bit much at first, since when I pulled out of our house gate, the handle slid off and I dropped the bike on it's side (I hadn't even started it yet). But after that minor mistake, the ride itself was fine. I felt comfortable on it and I had no troubles. When we got to the bar Ann jumped off the back while I was parking, which startled me a bit, but I was still able to park alright. I am pretty proud of myself, I won't lie. I was a little terrified at first. I wasn't sure I would have the coordination to pull it off, but it is super easy once you try a few times. Everyone I know here has gotten a more sporty looking motorbike, which is like a scooter that looks more like a motorcycle. I want the scooter they call the Scoopy or the Fino, as they are much dorkier and more my speed. I see scooter everywhere that I wish I could ride. Sometimes I take pictures...

this one is super cute!

I doubt I will find these old school ones to rent.
So that is that, aside from that I have been a clumsy person, as I am. My first injury took place while watering the grass, I walked into something sticking out of the wall and cut open my leg. I didn't realize it until I was almost done and has blood dripping down my leg. Then the next day, as I was getting off Kyle's bike, I hit my leg on the exhaust of a parked bike. The bike must've just been parked, as it burned pretty bad and made me jump. It was awful. It hurt so much. We were on our way into a restaurant so when we got in the waitress gave me ice and burn cream, which was lovely. Never doing that again. It is healing nicely though. Hopefully doesn't scar. And last but not least, for now, I was in the shower and I slipped and fell right on my ass. All I hear from Kyle's room is "Are you okay?" It was that loud. I am okay though, bruised bum and a bruised ego. Some say I should be wrapped in bubble wrap, I don't think I am at that point yet, but coming close to it.

I started swimming at the school after school last week. Well I have gone once, the other days I ended up not being able to go, but I am still going to try. It is a beautiful pool and it's so nice after school, and I definitely need to get in shape, so I decided I should swim lengths. I do love to swim, so why not. It felt good to get in there, hurting a bit the next day though. I have to find myself a one piece bathing suit though. Not sure if they are too keen on me wearing a bikini on school grounds, plus after wearing mine the first time, I just did not feel comfortable. I am hoping to find a retro one that I might actually wear somewhere other than the school pool, and for cheap. But we will see what I can find.

Would love something like this.

I'd settle for something like this.
Not much else to write. School has been awesome so far. I love my class and I love teaching so much. Finally got paid, went out for dinner Thursday night to a Burmese restaurant that was really good. I had Hin Lay Curry Chicken, and a tried some of the green tea salad the others all had and it was amazing. Definitely going back that some time. Last night we had some of the other teachers over for dinner, a pot luck of sorts. Kyle made chilli. It was fun. A few of us went out afterwards to Zoe in Yellow, which is a bar but its like a little side street of a few bars you can walk between with your drinks and such. It was a lot of fun. I really liked it, especially when I saw there is live music sometimes. Definitely my kind of place. 
Next weekend we have International Day on the Saturday for school. We have to go, and Kyle, Leah and I are in charge of Italy. The weekend after that, Kyle and I are heading to Bangkok for the weekend to meet up with his sister and see some stuff. It should be fun. Flights are so cheap and we are staying with a girl he knows, so it's a pretty cheap weekend trip.
Oh speaking of trips, my wonderful Aussie's Nicole and Nick are most likely coming to visit me here. Which makes me so happy. They are probably going to fly to Chiang Mai March 30th - ish and then I have two weeks off starting on April 5th at noon, so we are flying down to the islands, probably to Phuket and then travel around. They will probably have to leave on the 10th, but my fellow teacher and friend Ann is probably going to come with so we may keep on travelling around til then end of our break. I can't wait! Traveling and seeing my wonderful aussies will be amazing!
That's all for now, I should really get out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment