March 26, 2012

And Then I See Things Like This...

Just when I felt down and missing home, I have a great weekend that picks me up a little from my melancholic state of mind. Friday night I went with friends to see Hunger Games (after eating some delicious pizza, which I can't help but eat even when I should be trying new things in a foreign country). I won't go on about it, I did not like the movie. I will probably never read the book. Battle Royale is way better. The end of that.

Saturday afternoon was spent laying by a pool, and then dinner, drinks, karaoke and then dancing, with a bunch of people. It was a great night. Sometimes all you need is a night out dancing your crazies out, to perk up again. Even if you have two American guys insulting you most of the night. "Girls should not have bangs".... why would anyone say that to a girl with bangs? I will never know. But they redeemed themselves eventually. But I was none too impressed. At one point I had to just walk away and decide to have a good night anyways, and just dance. Best decision ever. Dance I did.

Sunday I woke up exhausted and achey. Not hungover, as I was done drinking after my 2 for 1 margaritas at Loco Elvis. But I definitely woke up at 7 and then was in and out of sleep until about 1 or 2. Eventually watched some Arrested Development until it was time to meet up with Megan at Thapae Gate for Sunday night walking street market. We took one of the American boys and this awesome American girl Tarra, that Megan had met on a day trip to Chiang Rai. Megan took us to this amazing temple that, honestly, just made me realize why I wanted to come here so bad. It was unreal. I wish I had taken better pictures of it, but I will definitely go back. Wandering that market and seeing that temple, put things into perspective for me. I am here for a reason and my life is pretty amazing. It has its ups and downs, but I am doing the two things I love, teaching and traveling. What more could a girl ask for? Well that will come in May :)

As for now, here are some pictures to see that I took on Sunday to see what I mean by how amazing things can be here.








Amazing things all around me. Plus, Sunday Nicole and Nick get here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment