March 05, 2012

Hot Climate Brings Out the Worst in My Skin

So at home I have pretty average to normal skin. It gets dry in the winter, but it is fairly manageable, considering I am not consistent with the way I take care of my skin. I am usually a 'wash my face in the shower' kinda girl, not the type to have a night time regimen for taking off make-up (since I wear very little) and washing my face and putting lotion on and such. I should be better with it, but I just tend to put lotion on when it gets dry and I need it, instead of as a preventive measure to avoid it getting dry in the first place. And that is about all I do.

But being in a hot climate country, as when I was in Australia, my lack of attention to my skin needs to change. Instead of my skin being dry though, I am starting to get pimples on my chest and back. Now it is not crazy bad, but a cluster on my back behind on shoulder and a few popping up on my chest here or there. I had the same problem in Australia, so I am assuming it is due to the hot climate, aka sweating and pollution in the air, and not just detergent being used on my clothes and sheets. This means I am going to have to go buy some cleansing body wash and possibly stuff to wipe my back and chest down after a shower too. This annoys me, as I tend to try to spend very little on these types of things. Hopefully it won't cost too much. But it will be worth it for sure.

The problem is, I try to look up what the best way to get rid of them are, and all sites say different things, because everybody's skin reacts differently. What I got out of most of them though is: drink lots of water, wash skin (body) in the morning when you wake up and at night before bed, and to use benzoyl peroxide acne treatments on the skin. This all sounds like far too much effort for someone who is quite low maintenance when it comes to beauty, skin care and so on. But I have no choice at the moment. Anyone with tips on how to make this go away, please feel free to let me know. I never had to deal with acne in my life, other than minor stuff in Australia, and I have no idea what works best and what not to do.

1 comment:

  1. try rubbing a cotton pad with tea tree oil before bed?

    ReplyDelete